Spreading the word
One of our goals is to educate mental health and substance use disorder providers about the need to screen for problem gambling among their clients and to encourage them to learn more about this addiction. As part of our mission, we travel to a variety of conferences, either presenting or exhibiting many of the resources we make available to the public. It’s an opportunity to have conversations and to learn what treatment providers are seeing on the front lines. Unfortunately, we learn — all too often — that those with problem gambling issues are not seeking the help available to them.
This quarter, we made presentations or presided over a table at:
• The Minnesota Alliance of Rural Addiction Treatment Programs conference in Wilmar
• The Faith and Addiction Conference in Bloomington
• The St. Louis County Health and Human Services Conference in Duluth
• The Minnesota Corrections Offices Conference in Nisswa
• The Minnesota Prevention Sharing Program Conference (virtual)
• The Minnesota Association of Resources for Recovery and Chemical Health (MARRCH) in St. Paul
• The St. Cloud StandDown (a program for Veterans), and
• Allied Charities of Minnesota in St. Cloud.